It’s the time of year for sending love in the post. Spread joy and affection with heart confetti in bespoke envelopes, for anyone who could do with a thoughtful surprise.
- Paper: plain or coloured, book pages or map…
- Alphabet rubber stamps
- Ink pad
- A4 (or US Letter size) sheet of ‘nice’ paper for the envelope. I’ve used a page of sheet music
- Washi tape (optional)
- Address label, if the paper is too decorated to read
- Glue stick for the address label, if used
Step by step:
- Hearts first! I’ve torn a few pages from a falling-apart copy of a well-worn old favourite. Fold each sheet in half vertically (for medium-sized hearts) or in quarters for smaller hearts (as shown top left.)
2. Draw full-bodies heart shapes in pencil.
3. Cut out the hearts with snippy tiny scissors, if you have them. Or use a scalpel and save the left over shapes for another project.
4. When you have enough hearts (When is enough?!) bring out your ink pad and rubber stamps.
5. Get stamping.
6. Don’t worry about wonky lettering….it’s the thought that counts.
7. Now for the envelope!
8. Fold the page in half width ways, and open out again.
9. Fold the top left corner down to the centre line…..
10. ….And bring the top right hand corner down to meet in the centre.
11. Fold the long straight bottom edge up to align with the bottom edge of the triangle.
12. And then fold it over itself, nearly like a sailor’s hat, except it doesn’t open out at the bottom. Take the top point….
13. …and fold it down to touch the bottom edge.
14. Bring the left side of the envelope in to the middle.
15. Repeat with the right hand side, so that they meet in the middle.
16. Fold each side up at an angle. The line should run from the bottom corner to where the side of the triangle and the bottom flap intersects.
17. Repeat on the other side.
18. Finally tuck the point of the triangle into the pocket.
19. Voila! A self-sealing envelope, with elegant narrow proportions.
20. Add a label if desired. (This one came from Present & Correct.)
21. Unfold the envelope enough to tuck in your special messages.
22. Add lots of smaller hearts too.
23. Get in the post ASAP or hide your billet doux away until the 14th February.
I’m sending as much book and paper love as you need.
Thank you for tagging @paperhazell and #confettihearts on the socials.