Five years ago my first book was published, so this month I’m celebrating: Happy 5th Birthday Bound!
AND there’s a new issue in the US (See the new cover above.)
Here’s a list of delights:
- How far the book has travelled.
- What has been created – from single sheet folds to multi-section bindings.
- How the structures have been developed/subverted to make them personal.
- The readers who’ve joined the mailing list.
- All those who’ve sent pics of the book (most recently from the gift shop of the Bodleian Library Oxford.)
- People who’ve travelled across the world for a class or signed up for a virtual workshop after reading it.
- Those who have shared their own stories of how bookbinding has helped them cope.
- Onto the third edition in the UK.
- There’s a Spanish edition.
‘Rachel has a lovely way of writing that makes you feel you’re in her studio.’ Maggie.
SO grateful to all who have borrowed it from the library, made it a best-seller, gifted it to all their friends, left a review online, written to show me what they’ve made, created group projects, based classes on it, made presents inspired by it and proudly display it on their book shelf – THANK YOU!