The Travelling Bookbinder is looking for a Digital Freelance to support and maintain the website and the e-commerce and e-learning platforms of The Travelling Bookbinder.
The Travelling Bookbinder is run by Rachel Hazell. Rachel delivers bookbinding workshops in person, online and via e-courses and she is seeking someone to support her with the digital elements of this work. Please explore the website to see the scope of the work.
The role would suit someone who has experience or knowledge of the cultural sector, ideally craft and/or literature and who has a couple of years experience of website content management. The role requires initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
Tasks include adding updates to the Travelling Bookbinder website and associated e-course websites on a monthly basis and to be tech support for the launch of 4 x live zoom workshops, quarterly each year. Website updates will be requested on an ad hoc basis. It is estimated that this work will take in total 8 hours a month. Twice a year, there will be e-course launches which will require scheduling in advance and information sent out to course participants via email. Each launch will be approximately two days work which will be paid at an additional fee of £400 (£800 in total for the year).
Annual Fee: £3,200 in total (£200 per month plus the additional e-course work)
• Updating the homepage
• Resizing images and uploading videos as required
• Formatting blogposts and other content
• Listing/updating products
• Keeping an updated list of sales in excel
• Dealing with participant access/IT queries
• Liaising with web developer
• Checking e-course copy/links
• Supporting the technical elements of Mailchimp
• Scheduling e-course posts
• Liaising with course participants via email
• Being zoom tech support for quarterly zoom workshops
• Other ad hoc digital requests
• 2 + years experience of WordPress website management
• Experience of SEO
• Experience of and access to Photoshop/Illustrator for content creation
• Experience of or understanding of Thinkific or other e-course platforms
Please send a CV plus a short statement (600 words max) on:
• why you would like to work with The Travelling Bookbinder
• why you think your skill set will be a good fit
• your approach to flexible working (ie: managing ad hoc requests) and how it would fit with your existing work patterns.
By 30 November to email@example.com
Interviews:16 December 2021.
Start: January 2022
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org